Take the sustainable solution/How we can help you be more sustainable/How to be more sustainable with your flooring As more and more people are looking to build eco-friendly homes, the need for sustainable building supplies and materials has also increased. One big factor people have to take into consideration is flooring. Did you know? Vinyl generates 37,000 tonnes of waste, with 5,000 tonnes being post installation and 32,000 originates from post use. http://www.wrap.org.uk/sites/files/wrap/Flooring_REAP.pdf How can you help reduce this figure we hear you ask? Luckily for you, we are here to help! Create a sustainable business from the ground up! There’s no denying that sustainability is one of the most important factors for businesses to think about these days, but it can be daunting knowing where to start. Yes, Reduce, Reuse, Re-cycle is a message we all know too well, but are you adapting this in your workplace? There’s tonnes and tonnes of advice on how to be more sustainable, whether you want to recycle more at home, own a building, or simply be more green but why not start from the ground up, quite literally? Sustainable flooring/eco-friendly flooring Using eco-friendly flooring not only helps to decrease your carbon footprint but gives you a flooring option that can stand the test of time, everyday footfall and even heavy machinery. Benefits of sustainable flooring/eco-friendly flooring
- Increased life span – Due to the nature of PVC interlocking floor tiles, they are incredibly hard wearing and durable so they can withstand the day to day footfall or machinery usage in your workplace, which is why we offer up to 25 years wear guarantee and warranty!*
- Eco-Friendly manufacturing process - What makes the R-Tile interlocking PVC floor tiles eco-friendly is that they are manufactured using either virgin or recycled plastic.
- No unnecessary waste – The interlocking floor tiles are designed to overlay existing floors, which means there is no waste incinerated or taken to landfills. There is also zero wastage during the manufacture of R-Tile, any excess material or rejected tiles are recycled and then converted into 100% recycled black floor tiles.
- 100% recyclable and 100% re-usable – Increasingly people are keen to see their flooring recycled at the end of its life. This is not normally an option for most flooring materials, as the majority of the waste is either incinerated or sent to landfills. However, by choosing an eco-friendly flooring solution like R-Tile, you can be sure that you are using flooring tiles that are 100% recyclable and 100% re-usable.
- Hassle free – We all have responsibility of looking after the environment so we want to make it as easy as possible for you to recycle your old flooring. At R-Tek Manufacturing, our sustainable solution means that we will come to your site, collect your floor tiles and recycle them, meaning less hassle to you and your business!