As a factory manager, you have a range of responsibilities under your belt. These include production management, streamlining processes, making sure health and safety guidelines are adhered to and keeping employees productive. But the maintenance and upkeep of the factory is something successful factory managers need to address. Poor working conditions not only lead to unhappy employees but also can be dangerous in terms of health and safety. With loads of information available, it can be hard to decide between certain products and brands, especially when it comes to flooring. However, with the right questions in place, this search could be made a lot easier.
Factory Floor Checklist
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of important questions to ask when choosing new flooring for your factory. This will help so you don’t make any mistakes when it comes to finding the perfect factory flooring.
- Price – This is the first thing factory managers have to think about when maintaining or updating factories or warehouses. You need a flooring solution that doesn’t compromise quality for lower prices.
- Durability– Heavy machine usage and footfall are normal in factories so you need a floor that can cope with these pressures.
- Health and Safety – Employee and machinery safety are key on factory floors. It is important that you have a factory flooring solution that is slip resistant, CE accredited, and fire retardant.
- Variety – Colour and branding of your floor can make a huge impact on the look and feel of your factory. You need to consider what type of flooring you think will add maximum value and if branding should be present.
- Reliability – Buy from a reputable flooring company that uses quality product materials and manufacturing processes, offers warranty and great customer satisfaction.
- Installation – Maintenance and upgrading of your factory shouldn’t take away from any work processes so you need to consider a flooring option that’s quick and easy to install and doesn’t affect your production.
- Maintenance – It’s vital to install flooring that is easily cleaned and maintained. You need a factory floor that is easily mopped, dries quickly and doesn’t leak water through tiles onto your subfloor.
- Life Span – With certain types of floor, especially epoxy resin, it can be a hassle to relay flooring every couple of years which can cause all sorts of logistical problems. It’s best to look for a flooring solution that has a longer lifespan, which means less hassle down the line.
Your Next Factory Flooring Project Starts Here
We hope these tips better inform you of the type of flooring that best suits your factory. If you decide that PVC interlocking floor tiles might be the best option, then read more about R-Tek’s industrial floor tiles. Get a quick quote, email email@example.com or phone 028 3751 0367.